Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Back Mostly ... But

So I am returned! Mostly.

The shingles eruption is mostly resolved. The shingles pain is reduced and mostly controlled.

So mostly I am better!

The lingering pain is tolerable - the skin feels like a sun burn and the underlying tissues feel like pulled muscles when I move. These symptoms may fade with time - or not. But if not, I think it is manageable.

So the lesson to be learned?

If you get shingles,
get medical help sooner rather than later
- like within 72 hours of the eruption.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are starting to look up for you. Keeping my fingers crossed for complete healing.

Chatty Crone said...

I was lucky - I did - still miserable! HAHA sandie

Noofy said...

I've been lucky, never had them (yet), known others who have and were miserable. Glad to hear you're doing better. It takes time, be patient.

Unknown said...

So glad things are better. Good advice there. Blessings to you on this journey.
QMM

Knitty said...

I've seen stoic people cry with frustration over shingles. I hope you feel better with each passing hour.

Linda said...

Hoping for more improvement as time goes on, of course you know I think everything is better when you knit/weave/spin!

Anita said...

Hmmm. Maybe I'd better check out that vaccine I've seen advertised in magazines. Will also check if my insurance will pay on it; I hear it's around $300!
I know you just have to get through it, but it will pass....eventually. Glad you're better.

g-girl said...

glad to hear you're doing better now and hopefully this will be the last shingles outbreak for you!