Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Escape

Tomorrow begins an "escape" weekend for me.

I am heading to an ocean-side condo my cousin owns - for a "family and fiber weekend." Pictures and stories will follow when I return.

And, oh, how I am looking forward to this break.

I love the ocean, but my chances to visit it are few.

I am eager to be just me.
Not someone's daughter
or caregiver
or wife
or mom
or grandmother.

Just me.

Hopefully I will recognize the person that is left
when I peal off all those other roles.

See you all come Monday.

6 comments:

Linda said...

We will recognize you for sure! Too excited to sleep here!

Anonymous said...

You will be able to enjoy this time knowing that your Mom is receiving excellent care in your absence. Have one of those fruity little drinks with an umbrella for me.

Carolyn said...

Hope you (and your cousin) have a great weekend, and come back refreshed and renewed!

happyone said...

Enjoy your week getaway. You certainly deserve it!!

g-girl said...

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Amrita said...

trust you had a good time