Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Monday, April 4, 2011

... You won't believe this!


Oh . My . Gosh .

In the 8 months I have been blogging and following other blogs I have seen a number of Awards posted on various sites. As a newbie blogger and a type A personality, I decided I was going to get me one! You know, go to the Awards web site and just pluck one off the shelf. And then I made a dismaying discovery that you can't just "get one", you have to be given one by someone else.

Despair!!
What were the chances of that happening?
Who could I bribe, who could bully?
Despair, despair.

And then out of nowhere, Deirdra Eden Coppel, sent me an email, and said I was ... "gulp" ... inspiring!! I am sure glad she didn't know to what lengths I was will to go to get one of these!!!

But seriously, Deirdra, thank you. I really do appreciate it and I will post it proudly!!

Deirdra's blog can be found at: http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/ . Be sure to check it out. Talk about Inspiring! A work of art really.

PS:
And just for the record:
I did not pay or bully her into giving this to me. Scout's Honor. Hand on the Bible! Cross my heart. If I am caught in a lie, I will give you my first born ! Oh, wait ... he is past the cute stage at 37 so maybe that isn't such a big deal - but he is potty trained !

PPS:
Deirdra, you made my day! Thank You.

4 comments:

Mercy said...

Congratulations! Well deserved and very fitting. So happy for you.
This wonderful woman also gave me an award, my first as well.
Hope you are enjoying the challenge as much as I am.

Aurora Smith said...

woo hoo congrats

Lisa said...

Congrats - very much deserved.

Marie Rearden said...

Congrats! Awards are a girl's (and cheetah's) best friend. :)

Marie at the Cheetah