Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blog Printing Discovery

Somehow I was directed to a blog site called The Blog Designers Network. This site looks interesting and may contain the answers to many questions regarding blogging. I was unable, however, to find my way back to their December 2010 postings where I found this little gem. Their description of this printing option was excellent.

The December post recommended Joliprint - a free service that allows you to add a Blogspot gadget to your blog or a link in your Book Mark Bar. Using this service you create a pdf document of individual blog posting or any screen print you select. I chose the Book Mark Bar option. Having this option as a book mark allowed me to make pdf of other things as well, like a recipe from someone else's blog.

The pdf captures the header, the titles, the pictures, the blog text in a clean simple color presentation. You can then print the document off your computer ... basically for the cost of your paper and the ink. Your choice whether to delete or maintain the pdf copies on your computer. I haven't decided on that yet.

This option works well for me. It will take time to print out all that I have written. As I sort through my postings I may skip some, but it does exactly what I want it to do. And, as suggested by one of my readers, if Blogspot fails at some point or my computer goes belly up - at least I will have my hard copies.

Check out both sites. Tell me what you think. I am very interested in your observations.


8 comments:

Linda said...

I feel like I am drowning paper piles at my house so try hard not to print anything out. LOL, I can't organize all the stuff I have now! Looks like some interesting sites.

Jen said...

I can see wanting to preserve your writing, and having the PDFs available to print sounds like a nice idea.

Am I the only one who writes out her blog posts as documents first, and then posts them? I just save the document files. =)

Arlee Bird said...

I've bookmarked these to study for later. I've thought about the concept of having a hard copy or some permanent record of my blog posts aside from storing them on Blogger. I do periodically save all of my Blogger files, but I'm not sure how good of a solution that is either.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Anonymous said...

If it is techie I will have to wait until my brain is in techie mode before I tackle it.

Chatty Crone said...

I'll have to check this out - thanks!

Bumper Sticker Printing said...

Well it seems to be creative. I am going to add it in my bookmarking list to further make an eye on it.

g-girl said...

joliprint sounds like a good idea. i tried checking it out but it wouldn't load for me. i'll try again later!

sems worn said...

Printing discovery is best of the idea and new technology to best of the machinery use and Laser print with toner cartridge best of them.

leaflets printed