Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Monday, August 15, 2011

Look Up




Did you look up today?

I was out briefly today and I did a lot of looking up. Mother Nature provided some of the best views of our sky that I have ever seen. I am not one to take pictures of the sky.

But today, how could you just keep looking down?


For example
- is this the "dark cloud with a silver lining"
that I have always heard about?


And was mother nature confused
about what she wanted to do in this moment of time?


Haven't I seen water color pictures that looked a lot like this?



And I know I have artists renditions
of God stepping out of the clouds
- and they looked a lot like this.


Maybe my current simple diet caused me to think of
cotton candy
when I saw this.



And without seeing the sun in the sky, it was there
- as seen in the reflection of the leaves on the left.

8 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I have to admit I have been in all day cleaning. I need to go out nad look up!

Anonymous said...

Yes, beautiful skies here today as well.

Linda said...

Beautiful pictures, you are really enjoying your camera - so am I!

Laura said...

Wonderful cloud pictures. They will remind me to look up tomorrow!

happyone said...

Yes, I did look up and took a few pictures of my own too.
It was a beautiful sky. : )

Chatty Crone said...

I wonder about myself today - I could not find your comments for today.

I wanted to tell you the same thing. 4-1-01 my mom was hit by a young gal - and that was the beginning of the end for her.

Growing older and seeing our parents going through things is so hard. God Bless.

Noofy said...

I love looking up. Looking up is not only beautiful it is informational too. Yesterday and today were picture perfect!

g-girl said...

it was a good day for looking up. i found myself doing a lot of that on the day of this post (before i even saw it!). :)