Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Seriously Cute Blogger

While I was blathering on about me, myself and I, and my family history, Julie Kemp Pick from Empty Nest Insider slipped into my blog and dropped an award on me. Can you imagine that? I didn't ask, beg or plead to get it. I didn't have to make her feel sorry for me, or guilty about not including me or even bribe her!

Hey ... maybe she just likes me?!? Nah .... :-)

Thanks, Julie.

In receiving this adorable award (did you see how very cute the dog is?), I was asked to recommend a book that I am reading. Well ... I am just thrilled to do that.

I just joined Audible and my first audiobook is Book 1 in the series The Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. This is a massive series best described by Booklist in a single sentence.

"The first volume in Martin's first fantasy saga
combines intrigue, action, romance, and mystery in a family saga."
(Booklist)

I also understand that HBO is filming this series. I love historic stories, books, movies ... costume dramas are my very favorite.

I know it is appropriate to pass these awards along to others, mostly as a way of sharing the blog sites of wonderful bloggers to others.

I want to pass this award on to a reader friend of mine. She keeps a running list of books she is reading on her blog. I am sure you will find some fun titles there.

So with no more ado ... I pass this award onto my blogger friend, my knitting friend, a walker extraordinary, the one who inspired me to start my own blog, a great reader, and who is actually seriously cute!

HappyOne is her blogger name
and her happy outlook on life can raise your spirits.
Find her at:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. This is certainly the week for awards in our tiny little circle.

Laura said...

Congratulations! Your blog certainly does deserve a cute little award like that. I'm always happy to read a new post from you!

happyone said...

Thanks so much for all those kind words. You make me sound much better than I actually am!!

Chatty Crone said...

Good Saturday Morning to you.

Linda said...

Yea and congratulations!

Empty Nest Insider said...

I really do like you very much, and I always look forward to your stories! Thanks for the incredibly speedy reply and I will stop in later to visit HappyOne! Julie