Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Through My Care Giver Eyes - Comments

I started a series of postings on my life as a care giver. - called "Through My Care Giver Eyes".

When I started this, I was unsure of the value of such a series for the readers. After all, most of my peers are dealing with similar issues. Many of them know more than I do about caring for a parent. I felt the series was mostly just to chronicle and explore this "right turn" I took in my life 5 years ago and to put some sense to it in my mind. Certainly comments were not necessary, I thought in my little vacuum. It's mostly for me, after all.

Well, I think I have changed my mind.

I have received many wonderful comments by email. And my email is always open to those who want to continue to share privately. But to improve ease of conversing, I am putting the comment feature back on this going forward.

The series continues in my mind to be mostly a me "venture" :-) ... but it may also be of help to others who are walking this same road.

It is just nice to know we are not alone.


5 comments:

Amrita said...

Dear Elaine. greeting from India. Doris introduced me to your worthy blog. I am so blessed by it and with your persission would like to share it with my friends.

Thank you so much

Mariette's Back to Basics said...

Dearest Elaine,

Through Doris I also got here and I want to compliment you on such a touching way of wording your experience with your Mom's condition. You were a very keen observer and you deeply care and respect your Mom. May Gog grant you the strength to go on with that difficult journey. But it is a blessing for your Mom; having a loving daughter that will take care of her dignity if she no longer can...

Love to you,

Mariette

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

Elaine,
I'm glad you changed your mind. And it's true, you are NOT alone on this journey.

(((( hugs ))))

Doris

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad you put it back to comments - YOU ARE NOT ALONE - I have been there - others are there - and others will be there. You will be a help to them. Sandie

Julie Flanders said...

Hi, Elaine. I have just caught up on your caregiver series, and I was so touched by it. I can relate in many ways. My mom is the primary caregiver for my dad, but I find I am taking care of both of them more and more. I really admire you for sharing your journey, as I think so many can relate to your experiences.

On a side note, I found the photographs you included very moving. I'm looking forward to following this series.