Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Monday, August 30, 2010

The body "forgets"



Wednesday, August 25th (last week) was the last day that I was able to take my one hour walk. Today I pushed myself out the door first thing this morning. It was definitely a "push" because my body was sending me messages saying something like "Are you kidding me? Walk for an hour? Wouldn't it be better to check your email over a cup of coffee?" It was astounding to me that I resisted walking this morning. For weeks I looked forward to my walks. Couldn't wait to get out the door. Not this morning.

Ten minutes into my walk I found myself enjoying it once again. Lesson: Don't allow a 4 day gap in walking. The body "forgets" and undermines you.
And if I had missed this morning's walk, I would have missed the first signs of fall. I drive past this tree almost every day - but who would have seen the beauty of fall peeking through the green if they were only driving by.

And what great stuff did I miss the last 4 days?

No comments: