Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Never too hot to knit ... indoors!



Today was another scorcher!

We love to knit outdoors where we can enjoy the warm weather and the wonderful surroundings. And casually capturing the interest passers-by is especially fun. BUT when the outdoors is like an oven and a sauna combined, we say "uncle" and move indoors to a local air conditioned mill.



Today our meeting was especially eventful. We are in the midst of a political season and the "passers-by" were not interested in knitting, but our votes. We were happy to talk with them. And one person who was with the entourage did express an interest in knitting. I heard one member of our group sharing the dates of the weekly meetings with her! Yeah - Go Team! Spread knitting "bug" as far as it can go!

As you an see from the pictures, we didn't let these political folks distract us too much from our knitting mission. The picture below does not do justice to the beautiful knitted piece being examined. We are one bunch of talented knitters, even if I do say so myself. I sure do love this group!!


Total Steps: 3847

2 comments:

SusieCraft said...

Well count me in as a follower although I have never been much of a follower all my life, I signed up anyway. I will be back at knitting when the smoke here clears, will send a msg to you later. Love your blog, it is smashing.

happyone said...

I didn't even know you were taking pictures! Had a great time as usual.